Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tree Soul Connection

I've spent some much needed time wandering the paths through the redwoods at Armstrong Grove.  I've done this barefoot as much as possible, so as to stay connected to Earth and Gaia.  The energy I can feel flowing in my veins is electrifying, and I feel it often.  I sat near one old redwood for some time, with my baby niece wrapped to my chest.  I wanted to reach out and touch the hollowed out inside, but the energy was so strong, so incredible, that I closed my eyes and just let it surround me as I breathed it in.  The breath of the ancient tree filled my lungs with the solid strength that I can sense whenever I slow down enough to contact the essence of a tree.  Majestic strength and wisdom emanate from the redwoods.  My very cells have been affected, building blocks of a chlorophyll spirit spreading through my muscles, bone, and sinew.  My singing blood carries a new charge, and I walk around constantly on the verge of tears of joy. 




 I dread the return to the desert with its bleak and harsh landscape of rocks and dirt, or forced landscapes fed by sprinklers.  I dread the loss of this constant influx of energy.  However, wisdom dictates the opposition of life.  I have glutted myself on divine feminine energy, association with others who love Goddess, mementos and charmed things lovingly crafted by true artisans, and the swirling energy of the trees with which I have been surrounded for two weeks.  It has been a beautiful time, filled with healing and love.  Tree and Sprout have had a wonderful and (mostly) relaxing time here as well.  It is time to return to reality, armed with new strength and determination.

Thank you, ancient ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment