Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Mountain of Exaltation

So there are those that say there are many paths, and all lead to the same place.  I don't agree with that.  We're all climbing a mountain, but some of those paths just meander around without getting any higher.  Some spiral downward, though the flowers along the way smell pretty.  Some paths are easier than others, and do climb to the very pinnacle.  Some are unnecessarily difficult, and those that take them need the challenge in order to grow.  

I keep wanting to switch paths.  Am I switching to something that's unnecessarily hard?  Do I need to because I'm so stubborn?  Or because I'm so weak that I need the extra work to build the faith muscles that have atrophied of late?

Sometimes I feel like Hamlet.  My thoughts will be nothing but bloody!  Aaaaand... I don't actually do anything about it.  (If that last bit makes sense to anyone but me, kudos to you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment