Saturday, July 16, 2011

For my sisters in the military

I didn't completely switch this one around, because it worked better that way.


From Alona 56
 43 And now, whether they were overtaken by Antipus we knew not, but I said unto my women: Behold, we know not but they have halted for the purpose that we should come against them, that they might catch us in their snare;
 44 Therefore what say ye, my daughters, will ye go against them to battle?
 45 And now I say unto you, my beloved sister Moronia, that never had I seen so great courage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites.
 46 For as I had ever called them my daughters (for they were all of them very young) even so they said unto me: Mother, behold our Goddess is with us, and she will not suffer that we should fall; then let us go forth; we would not slay our brethren if they would let us alone; therefore let us go, lest they should overpower the army of Antipus.
 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, Goddess would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment