Tuesday, July 12, 2011

reading and writing

I finished a quick re-read of Dance of the Dissident Daughter this morning, and picked up Women Who Run With the Wolves.  Again.  I had to set it down and go back a little bit because the concepts introduced by Dr. Estes are so densely packed with meaning.  I only made it through a page before I was consumed with a fiery desire to write again.  Ideas started to flood into my head about a story plot that I thought had no hope.  I followed the advice to light the raging fire under my creativity and to CREATE.  And so now I've been awake far too long working on a story and generally wasting time on the computer.  But it is so good to let the spark grow in the temporary absence of fear.
Why do we let fear stop us so often?  I know it's a common malady among women, but I've seen it in men as well--just in different forms.  Fear of failure shrinks our potential and does nothing to protect us from harm.  It only protects us from success and joy.
And on a very good note, I was witness to the birth of an awake woman today.  She came alive, expressing raw emotion without taming it or caging it out of fear.  It's exhilarating to watch from the same path as a good friend joins you with fire in her eyes and determination in her belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment