Monday, July 25, 2011

An Ode to Tree

Nature's Embrace

My husband, that is.  Though I do love trees.  And not really an ode.  It's too late at night to write an ode.  I just wanted to gush a little bit about the awesomeness of my Tree.  Yesterday I was made aware of something that is so incredibly difficult for me emotionally that I completely shut down for most of the day.  Tree took care of Sprout, dragged me out of the house to make me be human, and was kind and gentle and sensitive the whole day long (this is hard for manly men sometimes, and it deserves recognition. forthcoming: a post on what I mean by manly men).
Today he got up early with me and Sprout to go on a desert hike instead of sleeping in like he really, really wanted to do.  I can see him making huge effort to patient with both of us, though he has been dealing with a an awful lot of stress and emotional difficulty himself.  I know well how HARD it is to be patient and loving when you are feeling like you're duct-taped inside a refrigerator box with an angry bear (thank you, Hyperbole and a Half, for that potent description).  So this is just a small list of little things that add up to one great big warm fuzzy in my heart.  I feel loved and appreciated, and relieved.
Even when we argue, he is still Tree, and I am his Dryad.  He's in my corner when it matters most, and he's a fierce defender and stalwart companion.  I love you, Tree.

I borrowed the picture from: http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/natures_embrace.html

No comments:

Post a Comment